Champions of the Flyway!

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Late July On The Coast


The Snipe equivalent of a bicep-tensing macho fool
 
A few random shots from the last week or so, post-Ireland, back in Filey. After a recent upgrade from 70D to 7D mkII (I know, yawn.... stay with me) I've been trying to get used to the new camera, and I'm getting there slowly - the light for these shots was poor (dark, cloudy, rain) and the results would've been far, far more grainy with the 70D, but more passable results with a high ISO with the 7D II bodes well for the autumn.

Common Sandpiper - as expected at this time of year, plenty of these (and Green, and the odd Wood) dropping in and going through at the Dams and East Lea
 
If I'm honest, when not working I've spent most of it swimming in the bay and eating ice-cream with the Mrs and our friends, but odd sessions locally have been productive....

Icterine Warbler in the drizzle, in the grasses at the end of Carr Naze....
 
..... soon finding the relative safety and improved cover of the Magic Bush

The long-staying, long-suffering Spoonbill at the Dams
 
Huge numbers of Painted Ladies and Silver Y's