Champions of the Flyway!

Sunday, March 27, 2022

Breakfast in America

White-throated Sparrow 

A jetlagged post-breakfast wander around in the woods here in a bleak and cold Western Massachusetts after arriving here at the family homestead late last night. It ain't Israel (which is where we're supposed to be, but which, again, got cancelled - insert various not-smiling emojis here), but it ain't Britain either, and for that, I'm grateful - it's been a long time since I made it out of my native Brexitland.
Black-capped Chickadee 

And most importantly, we're finally with the Am Fam, for the first time in more than two years; very grateful for that. There'll be very few opportunities for birding (and it's a crap time of year anyway here), so expect substandard shots of common stuff that I'll post purely to prove to myself that there is birdlife beyond the British Isles. Amen to that.
Dark-eyed Junco

eBird checklist here.

 

Red-tailed Hawk
Eastern Phoebe


Spot the camouflaged Song Sparrow
White-breasted Nuthatch
American Robin (stay away from me)