Champions of the Flyway!

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Raptor Run - latest update!

Well, it's three days until my first (and probably last) half-marathon, I've just completed my final training run, and (whisper it) all is well - no injuries, no big issues, just plenty of trepidation (and pretending not to look at the forecast....). Finishing the race will be a victory, of course - I couldn't care less about my time, just staggering over the line - but the real victory is the fundraising.
As of right now, my often-upped target of £5000 has been achieved, which is, well, just wonderful. There are a great many lovely people who've contributed - some a little, some a lot, some I know, some I don't, some by name, some anonymously - and I just want to sincerely thank every last one of you for your generosity. It's been a massive inspiration and motivation for me, and more importantly, that's a lot of help you've given Jean in her ongoing quest to rehabilitate raptors and all manner of other wildlife. She's over the moon with the reaction, too.....!
My next and final update will be after the deed is (hopefully) done - I'll be leaving the fundraising page open for a week or so after the race, just in case anyone wants to chip in a little at the death. Wish me luck and see you on the other side! Donate here (it only takes a minute!): Raptor Run Just Giving Page