Champions of the Flyway!

Wednesday, July 3, 2024

My Patch - Filey British Birds article

Earlier this year it was a privilege to write a five-page article published in the estimable British Birds magazine, all about my birding adventures on my local patch of Filey, North Yorkshire. When I wrote it I knew it would also serve as a timely swansong to my twelve years there, which - as of this week - have come to pass, as we pursue new beginnings here in York. 

I'll address the move, reflect on those incredible twelve years, and look to the future here on these pages in due course, but in the meantime this greatest hits, all-killer-no-filler article is a fitting reminder of just how fulfilling, rewarding and joy-filled these recent years have been. 

(Suffice to say I'll be hitting the coast - including Filey - regularly still, particularly in migration seasons; I'll also endeavour to be more disciplined with posts about those exploits on here, as my birding becomes more laser-focused and even more valued.) 

For better resolution, download the pdf HERE



Thanks to Stephen and BB for allowing the article to be available here - on which subject, I'd highly recommend you subscribe to this always brilliant and illuminating birding journal of choice - see here for details.