Champions of the Flyway!

Monday, January 16, 2023

Auction for Swifts #1 - Ray Scally

As many followers of this blog and my social media feeds will already know, I'm nearing the end of my #ASwift1K - my 12-month challenge to raise as much funding as possible for the Sheffield Swift Network in their wonderful, essential and totally voluntary efforts to help save Swifts in the Steel City and beyond (read more about their efforts, and my challenge, here). 
I've had a really wonderful response, and many kind souls have donated to the tune of (as it stands) £3,325 - substantially more than my initial £2000 target. But with just six weeks to go, I want to try and push it to £4000; and to hopefully do so, I've enlisted the help of four fine bird artist friends of mine, all of whom are very kindly creating bespoke, original Swift art - voluntarily - to silent auction for the cause.
Here's the first, by the wonderful Ray Scally - a beautiful series of augmented field sketches, 23 x 15.5cm, unframed; P&P extra, with free personalised message from the artist on artwork optional. Bidding - by email to sheffieldswiftappeal@gmail.com - is now open and ends at midnight on 25th Jan. Remember, all of it goes to help Swifts, and thank you!

(Or if you just want to chip in to help me achieve my total and help save Sheffield's Swifts, click here!)